Who are we?
CEGESTI is a non-profit organization founded in 1990, with the mission of contributing to sustainable development in Latin America with special emphasis on three core topics: Environment and Development; Responsible Business and Impact on Social Responsibility. Since its beginnings, CEGESTI has collaborated with bilateral and multilateral cooperation agencies, local entities, enterprises and other society actors in formulating initiatives that facilitate an equitable and sustainable development.
CEGESTI has extensive experience in the design and provision of services of information disclosure, research and knowledge transfer, capacity building, consulting, training and policy influence in multiple fields and issues associated with sustainable development.
What do we do?
- - We provide integrated consulting services for generating sustainable development capacities in Latin America.
- - Design and promote development initiatives in the region.
- - We produce knowledge and transfer it through practical and applicable tools aimed at Latin American businesses and institutions.
- - We participate actively in local and regional political incidence forums on sustainable development topics.
- - We strengthen the internal capabilities of the businesses and institutions in which we are involved.
- - We manage and execute projects funded by International cooperation entities.
CEGESTI’s Strategic framework
- We design and implement innovative initiatives that promote sustainable development
- To be the leading organization in the generation of capacities to achieve sustainable development in Latin America
To generate capacities and unfold the potentials that allow organizations to attain excellence in the exercise of sustainable operations
CEGESTI strategic plan is guided by the following policies:
- Quality Policy
“In CEGESTI, we are committed to satisfying the needs and requirements of our customers and others that apply; in addition to generating change for improving competitiveness in Latin America through the design and provision of services of information disclosure, research and knowledge transfer, capacity building, consulting, training and advocacy for capacity improvement in sustainable development.
We maintain a proactive attitude aimed at seeking new technologies and knowledge and the continuous improvement of the effectiveness of the quality management system.”.
- ISO 9001:2008 CERTIFICATION
With the purpose of demonstrating our commitment to satisfying our clients and the continuous improvement of quality system effectiveness, CEGESTI has certified with the ISO 9001 standards the design and provision of services of information disclosure, research and knowledge transfer, capacity building, consulting, training and policy influence in responsible business, responsible investment, good business practices, sustainable procurement, innovation, responsible consumption, sustainable development and social responsibility. The system was assessed and certified by SGS in keeping with the guidelines established by the United Kingdom’s accreditation entity (UKAS). At present, our system is certified with ISO 9001:2008 standard, valid up to September 2018. To see the certificate please refer to: http://www.sgs.com/clients/certified_clients.htm
- Social Responsibility Policy
In CEGESTI, we implement social responsibility practices that enable us to generate economic, environmental and social value, maintaining mutual benefit relations with our interest groups and contributing to the well-being of the societies in which we act.
- Ecologic Blue Flag
As part of our environmental commitment, CEGESTI has got the award of the Ecologic Blue Flag program, in the category Climate Change.
CEGESTI in figures
- - 26 Years of experience promoting sustainable development in Latin America.
- - 130 Businesses assisted per year, during the last 10 years
- - 25 New methodologies and topics developed per year, which are validated and implemented in real projects carried out in businesses and organizations.
- - 35 Articles published each year on a variety of topics related to sustainable development.
- - 174 Management Systems implemented and certified pursuant to diverse international standards.
- - 13 Permanent collaborators in our work team.
- - 109,753 Training person-hour provided during the last 10 years.
Board of Directors
|Juan María González. President. Representative of the Costa Rican Chamber of Industries|| |
|Federico Torres. Representative of the Ministry of Science and Technology|| |
|David Grynspan. Representative of the National Chamber of Technology Based Companies|| |
|Marco Vinicio Urgellés. Representative of the Municipality of Montes de Oca|| |
|Jorge Gutiérrez. Representative of Executive Branch|| |
|Daira Gómez. Executive Director||Lidietth Murillo. Administration and Human Resources |
|Sylvia Aguilar. Environment and Development Coordinator||Irma Reyes. Accounting |
|Roger Forbes. Responsible Business Coordinator||Fernando Velásquez. Information Technologies and Services|
|Ana Cristina Bermúdez. Communication and Business|| |
|Gabriela Román. Project Manager|| |
|Andrea Rodríguez. Project Manager|| |
|Natalia Bonilla. Project Manager|| |
|Arturo Steinvorth . Project Manager|| |
|Elizabeth Venegas. Project Manager|| |